Thursday, November 29, 2007

22 days and counting....

Till Josh arrives in port. I cannot wait! We are so excited to be a family again!! The last 5 months have been long and somewhat hard, but we have managed. I am just ready to have some normalcy back in my life with Josh. I want to get back into our routine of him going to work, coming home for dinner, putting the kids in bed at their bedtimes, and just enjoying the adult conversation until we are ready for bed ourselves. I know that he wont be here every third day because of Duty, but that is tolerable. I just miss waking up every morning and him being there. So, three weeks from tomorrow morning they will be pulling into the Chesapeake bay and will be making their way to their pier for the first time ever. How exciting??? Addison cant wait to see daddys ship get here. She remembers when uncle Nicky's came back in May and granted that this will be different, the concept is the same. So in the meantime, I will continue to work so we can use that money for Christmas and just wait for him to come home!!


I know...nothing too exciting today....I picked up our portraits from JCP yesterday so I will be working on our Christmas cards today. I will post them when they are done....


Oh I almost forgot...I got to meet Robert Irvine from the Food Network show Dinner Impossible the other day. He was doing a book signing at our NEX (navy exchange, like a target meets dillards) and I got his book and he signed it and got some pics of him. I need to upload them and post them here...

2 comments:

Jerinda said...

I am so happy for you that he gets to come home. I admire you for being able to deal with what you do.

Melissa said...

I'm so happy for you! I know all about the whole waiting thing, it's sucky but I'm glad it's almost over for you! Yay!