Tuesday, December 11, 2007

5 days and going strong!!!

The potty training continues..

Addison has been doing very well...here is a recap of the last few days....

She did have two accidents thru the day on Saturday, but she never soaked herself. She started to pee and realized it and would run to the bathroom and finish in the potty! That night, I didnt wake her up before I went to bed, but was going to get her up at 3 when I couldnt sleep. I had just missed her window and she had wet the bed. I told her that it was okay because accidents do happen. She helped me make the bed up and we went to sleep. We slept in because Preston allowed us too, and she did great from then on. On Sunday, I had to leave the house and go to Walmart and the NEX and it was our first venture out of the house without a diaper. I made her go before we left the house, and as soon as we got to Walmart. We were there about an hour and I made her go before we left there. We got to the NEX and we were there about an hour as well, and she held it till we got home. Again, so proud of her!!!! That night, I woke her up to go pee before I went to bed and no accidents either. Monday she did have a couple of accidents, but nothing major, barely wetting herself. Last night, I did put a pull up on but I told her that it was her night time big girl panties and that she couldnt pee in them either. So at about 1:30, sat up straight in bed and I asked her if she needed to go potty and she said yes so i picked her up and took to go potty. She went and woke up this morning still dry!!!! Today, I was a little worried, she had to go to her babysitter and I told her baby sitter last night that she was potty trained and to work with her today and to my surprise, no accidents at all!!! Still, now that we are home, still no pee outside of the potty. And she has started to recognize when she needs to go before she does. She will start to hold herself or do the pee pee dance and I will ask her if she needs to go and she says yes and runs to go.

I am so completely proud of her and she knows it too! I call her a rock star and she just eats it up!!! I told her that if she keeps it up and stays acting like a big girl then Santa would be bringing her an extra special "big girl" present for Christmas!! I think I will get her a special necklace or something really special!!!

10 days and counting....I cant believe tomorrow starts the Single Digit Countdown for Josh to return home. Whats even better, being able to say he will be home NEXT WEEK!!!!

2 comments:

Kitty said...

How old exactly is she Shannon? She is doing so well.It's almost like she made the decision herself and stuck to it.Wow she's growing up...

Lee said...

YAY for Addison!! What a big girl!! She's doing great! And YAY for Josh almost being home!!!